Psalm 118:24

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Monday, February 13, 2012

My Valentine's Romance

So if you haven’t noticed, I’m a bit of a romantic. I love Jane Austen and Chick Flicks, chocolates and roses, and I love to hear couple’s love stories. Due to the fact that this week is Valentine’s Day, I was thinking about the most romantic thing a guy could do. I think for me, it would be a well-written, letter from his heart. (I’ve always had a thing for Captain Wentworth’s beautiful letter to Anne in Jane Austen’s Persuasion)

Then that got me to thinking, a man already wrote me a beautiful letter, and He’s the most PERFECT guy! I really can’t say enough about Him, but I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorite qualities He possesses.

1. He is Kind

Ephesians 2:7 “…in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.”

2. He is Patient

1 Timothy 1:16 “But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”

3. He is slow to anger

Psalm 86:15 “But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.”

4. He rides a white horse

Revelation 19:11 “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.”

5. He Cherishes His Friends

John 15:15 “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”

6. He is Sensitive

John 11:33-35 “When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled… Jesus wept.”

7. He is Intelligent and Wise

Proverbs 2:6 “For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.”

8. He is Financially Stable

Psalm 50:10 “for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.”

9. He Owns a Home

John 14:2 “My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?”

10. He loves Children

Luke 18:16 “But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”

11. He is Merciful

Nehemiah 9:31 “But in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God.”

12. He is Forgiving

Ephesians 1:7 “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.”

13. He is Just

Psalm 50:6 “And the heavens proclaim his righteousness, for he is a God of justice.”

14. He Sacrificed His Life for Me

Ephesians 5:2 “walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”

15. He Loves Me

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

This doesn’t even scratch the surface of all this man is. And you know what, He even took the time to not only write me one letter, but 66 entire books full of His family's history, poetry, and His plans for our future. I don’t know about you but this man sounds better than anything Hollywood can come up with. I pray you have met Him too, because He offers you the chance to celebrate Valentine’s Day every day.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Kara! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful young woman - great blog.
    love, aunt joyce

    ReplyDelete